In this week’s episode of AppCorner we chat all about Apple’s rumored iWatch speculation. Will it actually happen or do we think Apple is moving into another realm? Also, we chat recent Twitter brand hacking, the new Mailbox app and as always, recommend our apps of the week!
AppCorner is hosted by the team at Raizlabs. This week’s regular podcast crew included Greg Raiz (@graiz), Dave Counts (@davecounts), Jon Green (@gildedsplinter), and Michelle Buchman (@michelledeidre).[display_podcast]
Some of the apps discussed this week included:
- Mailbox – Mailbox is a completely redesigned inbox that makes email light, fast, and mobile-friendly. Quickly swipe messages to your archive or trash. Scan an entire conversation at once with chat-like organization. Snooze emails until later with the tap of a button — they’ll return to your inbox automatically so you can focus on what’s important now. Mailbox checks your email from the cloud, then delivers it to your phone securely. You can even get push notifications for new messages. Add all your GMail accounts for speedy access on-the-go.
- Alpine Replay – Track your day on the mountain with AlpineReplay by measuring speed, distance, vertical, Calories and more. Made by skiers and snowboarders for skiers and snowboarders. We automatically separate your runs, tell you which chair lifts you’ve taken, clock your time on the chairlift and much more!
- Zombie Dice – Based on the hit dice game . . . but now the dice, and a zombie opponent, are in your iPhone! You’re a zombie, racing to be the first to eat 13 yummy human brains. But those humans fight back. Press your luck. Keep rolling, keep collecting brains . . . but if you get three shotguns, you’re out!
- Duolingo – With Duolingo, you learn a language completely free, without ads or hidden charges. You have fun while you learn, leveling up and competing with friends. You have the opportunity to translate real-world texts in the language you are learning, and in doing so, help us translate the Web into other languages.
- Readmill – With proper typography and no silly clutter, Readmill is a clean and calm way to read. Highlight the best quotes inside a book and share them with your friends and followers to stir up a conversation in the margins. Discover books you never knew existed by following interesting people. Store your entire library in the cloud and have it available on all your devices. And with position syncing between iPhone and iPad, you’ll always be able to pick up where you left off.
Like what you hear? Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and please feel free to leave us a review or comment! Thanks for listening!