In this week’s episode of AppCorner we talk about the $1 billion dollar purchase of Instagram by Facebook, the branding/marketing of apps and what makes them “cool”, OMGPOP and their acquisition by Zynga and as always, our recommendations for app of the week!
AppCorner is hosted by the team at Raizlabs. This week’s podcast crew included Greg Raiz (@graiz), Dave Counts (@davecounts), Rich Stern (@richstern), Jon Green (@gildedsplinter), Bruno Germansderfer (@brunog), Michelle Buchman (@tres_michelle) and Craig Spitzkoff (@oofoot).
Apps discussed in this episode include:
- Instagram – a social photo sharing app.
- Real Racing HD for iPad – a racing game for iPad.
- Skala Preview – let’s you preview designs from your Mac to iPhone or iPad.
- Fooducate – scans barcodes for food items and rates how healthy they are.
- Topps Pennant – a data-based statistics app for Baseball fans.
- MLS Matchday – Mobile app for Major League Soccer.